The Project, "Black Love Album" is a 15-track compilation of Sarkodie which has features from renown African stars from both Nigeria and Ghana such as Tekno, Kizz Daniel, Mr Eazi, Kuami Eugene, Stonebwoy, KiDi, King Promise and more. It includes producers such as MOG Beatz, GuiltyBeatz, KillBeatz DJ Breezy, BlaqJerzee and more.
1. Love, Unadulterated Love and it's magic, pain, and abundance in Black people
2. Sarkodie put together this album from a place of abundant love for Tracy!
Production Direction: Use of a lot of strings, punctuating keyboard chords, large drum heavy templates that are quite catchy all through. Very crisp. Mix and mastering is impeccable. Shoutout to Possigee. Tekno, Maleek Berry, JMJ, DJ Breezy, Killbeatz, Ubeat, Blaqjerzee, Guilty Beatz, Kaywa, Beatfreaks, ZaPP Mallet Donee', Mark Okraku-Mantey and the indefatigable MOGBeatz for their numerous contributions.
Tie Ins: With Highest and Mary with the overarching theme of Love.
1. Anadwo (feat. King Promise) - 9/10
2. Lucky (feat. RudeBoy) - 8.5/10
3. Can't Let You Go (feat. King Promise) - 10/10
4. Do You (feat. Mr Eazi) - 8.5/10
5. Hello (feat. KiDi) - 8.5/10
6. Feelings (feat. Maleek Berry) - 9.5/10
7. Saara (feat. Efya) - 8.5/10
8. Take My Love (feat. Tekno) - 7.5/10
9. Honey (feat. Kuami Eugene) - 8/10
10. Which One (feat. Kizz Daniel) - 9.5/10
11. Strength of A Woman (feat. Stonebwoy) - 9/10
12. Broken Heart (feat. Sista Afia) - 9.5/10
13. Obi Doba (feat. Bisa Kdei) - 8/10
14. Wombs (feat. Shakka, Herman Seude) - 8.5/10
15. Party & Bullshit (feat. Donae.o. Idris Elba) - 7/10
Improvements from Previous Project
1. As usual, adventurous flows are incorporated, deliveries are upped a notch
2. Production is near perfection
Regressions from Previous Project
1. Sarkodie's lyricism though still potent can feel flat on some songs here.
2. It could've have been 3 songs shorter
Conclusion: This album is filled with marvelous feature placements, impressive production, subject matter though not new in this music space is refreshingly addressed from the perspective of Ghanaian rapper.
Rating: 8/10 ★★★★★★★★☆☆
Replay Value: Very much playable over and over