As Ghana and many other countries have recorded cases of the global pandemic Coronavirus, we at JustNaija.com want to share with you our cherished readers some tips to prevent yourself from contracting Coronavirus.
First of all let’s delve into what Coronavirus is and what it entails.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is characterized by mild symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. Illness can be more severe for some people and can lead to pneumonia or breathing difficulties.
More rarely, the disease can be very fatal. Older people, and people with other medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
Symptoms Of Coronavirus Virus;
- Runny Nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
As at now there are no specific medicine to prevent or treat coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Below are some preventive measures to take;
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap under running water.
- Drink lots water and stay hydrated. The idea is to get the throat moist all the time so that when infected the virus can go into your stomach where the hydrochloric acid in your stomach will neutralize the virus.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and face. Make sure to use hand sanitizers especially the ones with rubbing alcohol in them.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and thoroughly cook all your foods. This is to kill all the bacteria in the food items. Avoid contact with live animals as you can easily get infected.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow.Avoid close contact (1 metre or 3 feet) with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
We hope these tips help you stay safe out there.