Nollywood actress and mother of twins, Funke Akindele-Bello has over the years grown to be an high rated actress but her beginnings and all do you know about that?
Okay I’m here to tell you few things.
The lovely Nigerian entertainer and Africa Academy Movie Award champ, Funke Akindele was conceived on 24 August 1976 in Ikorodu, Nigeria. She broke into the amusement scene when she featured as an inquisitive auxiliary school understudy in the well known United Nations Population Fund supported sitcom "I Need To Know". She had her enormous break when she featured in the 2009 Nigerian film "Jenifa". She runs a non-legislative Organization known as "The Jenifa Foundation", whose points and destinations includes supporting abilities and procuring professional aptitudes. There is no uncertainty that the 39-years of age on-screen character has unquestionably cleared an effective way for herself in the Nigerian media outlet.
1. Funke Akindele was born on 24 August 1976 in Ikorodu, Nigeria.
2. She is the second of three siblings.
3. Her mother is a medical doctor and her father is a retired school principal.
4. She holds an Ordinary National Diploma in Mass Communication from the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and also has a Law Degree from the University of Lagos.
5. She broke into the entertainment scene when she starred as a curious secondary school student in the popular United Nations Population Fund sponsored sitcom “I Need To Know”. She had her big break when she starred in the 2009 Nigerian film “Jenifa”.
6. She runs a non-governmental Organisation known as “The Jenifa Foundation”, whose aims and objectives involves nurturing talents and acquiring vocational skills.
7. She won the African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in Leading Role for her role as Jenifa in 2008. She also won the Best Actress, Comedy for her role in her movie, “Jenifa’s Diary” at the 2016 edition of the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards.
8. On May 26, 2012, she got married to husband Mr. Adeola Kehinde Oloyede and a year later, she got divorced citing irreconcilable difference for her separation from her ex-husband, Mr. Oloyede.
9. She has worked with a number of entertainment stars like Van Vicker, Genevieve Nnaji, Desmond Elliot and Uche Jumbo to mention a few.
10. She was in 2020 convicted and found guilty by the Lagos State govt for going against the law stated at that period.